- Register for free with no monthly fees
- Earn 10% rewards on tickets, snacks and drinks
- Discounted admission*
- 25% OFF food & Frankie & Benny’s and Chiquito Restaurants**
- Advance screening offers
*Valid after 7pm Sunday and all day Monday and Tuesday at all Showcase Cinemas and Showcase Cinema de Lux.
**Terms & Conditions apply, log in for full details
Reset Insider details
Thank you. Your reset email should be with you shortly - remember to check your Junk folder.
Published Date: 16/12/2021
All you need to know about The Matrix Resurrections
Neo is living an ordinary life in San Francisco, where his therapist prescribes him blue pills. However, Morpheus offers him the red pill and reopens his mind to the world of the Matrix.
Okay, what more do we know? Well we know it’s going to be a blast and…
- The Matrix Resurrections opens at Showcase Cinemas 22 December.
- The Matrix Resurrections is directed by Lana Wachowski. Sister Lily has not returned to the co-directing chair for this instalment.
- Warner Bros. Studio had repeatedly asked Lana and Lily to write and direct a sequel. Sadly, it took a personal tragedy for Lily to reconnect with Neo and Trinity, “arguably the two most important characters in my life — and it was immediately comforting to have these two characters alive again."
- Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss were instantly attracted to the idea of returning to the roles of Neo and Trinity. Reeves said: “To work with her again is just amazing. It’s been really special, and the story has, I think, some meaningful things to say, and that we can take some nourishment from." Moss said: "I never thought that it would happen. It was never on my radar at all. When [the script] was brought to me in the way that it was brought to me, with incredible depth and all of the integrity and artistry that you could imagine, I was like, ‘This is a gift.’ It was just very exciting."
- Reeves also teased us a hint as to the storyline saying, “Neo's getting a second chance at his life, and he's getting a second chance with the person he says is, 'The only person I've ever loved'."
- Neil Patrick Harris, playing the ‘Analyst’, has informed us fans that we can expect a new style of film. “I think [Lana Wachowski] has a great inclusive energy and her style has shifted visually from what she had done to what she is currently doing. I’ve always wanted to be a lead in a big giant action movie with wires and stuff and this is not bad for me, but it’s certainly tangential and fun for me to be able to play in the sandbox a little bit.”
- Lambert Wilson is the elusive Merovingian, the crime boss.
- Jada Pinkett Smith returns as Niobe, the ship captain.
- Filming took place in California and Berlin, adhering to COVID safety measures.
Get yourself ready for the ride!
The Matrix Resurrections opens December 22